Leg fell in dirty water.

Recently due to heavy rains, the roads were flooded and while crossing my college gate, a lot of dirty water was accumulated near the gate and my leg fell into the water. One of the fingers already a cut. I fear the dirty water with rat/dog piss might've entered my bloodstream. So i went to the doctor and she told me to take a TT injection. And i took it. But in a medical article i read that you must take doxycycline if you experience such a scenario. So is TT injection enough? Or do i tell my doctor to prescribe me doxycycline? Please reply ASAP. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Leg fell in dirty water.

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Firstly calm yourself. Don't get too paranoid. Since you have taken TT vaccine, it is more than sufficient as of now. Unless you develop some fever, pustule or furuncle in the area of the cut, you don't need any antibiotics. You can also consult a general physician for further examination.