Left Varicocoel
Hello doctors. I had conducted sçrotal sonogram and Doppler test. Reports are below. Multiple dilated vascular channels in the root of left scrotum measuring 5mm in size with mild reflux on valsalva. Right side veins are 2.5mm in size. Scrotal wall does not reveal any irregularity or evidence of calcification. Epididymes appear normal. Both testes are normal in size and position and show normal homogeneous echotexture bilaterally. No abnormal hyperechoic or hypoechoic mass lesion seen. 1) I want to know is operation necessary and how urgent it is? 2) In how many types operation can be done? 3) Should I need of another opinion of other doctor?

Dr. Bhalchandra M Jayakar
Pediatric Surgeon 16 yrs exp Mumbai

Surgery can be done both by open or laparoscopic (keyhole) methods. Please discuss the modalities of treatment with your Surgeon. A semen analysis is recommended.