Late periods

Hi! I m 20 yrs old. Last month i had periods on 20 april. And now m not down yet. I tool the pregnancy test but it shows negative. Please help me

Dr. Parag Patil
Obstetrician 23 yrs exp Thane

If you had periods on 20/4/2016, and if the test is Negative , then you are NOT pregnant. Provided that you have done the test carefully, and double checked it You have not indulged in sexual activity in past month sometimes the tests are false negative and it would be better to check them again using a early morning sample of urine and doing it in a reputed lab. If you are second test also comes negative, it means you are NOT pregnant and then you may either wait for the menses or meet a Gynecologist to take medicines to bring menses. If you are in regular sexual activity, I would suggest to use a double protection of condoms- which prevent pregnancy and sexually Transmitted diseases and Oral contraceptive pills to prevent pregnancy
Dr. Lakshmi H K
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi, you can wait for 1 more week and repeat the urine pregnancy test or beta HCG test which is more specific.If negative,meet the Gynecologist for check up and medication to get your periods.
Dr. Sujoy Dasgupta
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 8 yrs exp Kolkata
Pregnancy is not there. Thete sre other reasons of not having period in time. Please consult gynecologist and take drugs for starting periods. Please read-https://drsujoydasgupta.needstreet.com/post/8-ways-to-avoid-irregular-menstruation/2339