Lasik to improve vision

I have a fairly bad eye sight and dinner life wearing glasses and have become tired of lenses too. Am considering Lasik. But I want to know how safe is it. Are there other similar techniques which can improve my eyesight.

Doctor Answers (2) on Lasik to improve vision

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello Lasik is a very good option to get rid of glasses Doctor will perform few tests like pentacam,retinal examination and schirmer test and if all are okay then you can go for Lasik without fear
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...presently there are two procedure done to correct refractory errors. Mainly RELEX and LASIX. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. RELEX being the more latest one, is more expensive, takes less time to perform also. However such procedure are done, only if your power of eyes has been stable for few years. Kindly consult a ophthalmologist they will advice you further. Also you must remember that even if you get the power corrected, 20 to 30 years down the line, you can develop refractory error again.