Knee pain since 3 years

Knee pain since 3 years. Latest MRI shows 'MILD PATELLA ALTA. MILD NIN SPECIFIC SOFT TISSUE THICKENING POSTERIOR HORN OF THE MEDIAL MENISCUS??? FOCAL SYNOVITIS. Please advise me if PRP will help me. Do I need to take only one PRP? Also the cost of it in Maharashtra. Please advise

Doctor Answers (2) on Knee pain since 3 years

Dr. Palak Mehta Ahmedabad | Spine and Pain Specialist
Yes if you are taking medicine for 3 month n other supportive therapy like ice, knee cap, limb elevation for more than a month without significant benefit then INTRA ARTICULAR PRP THERAPY is good option. 1 to 4 sittings are required depending upon results. Most important it is without side effects.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Treatment depends on the cause of the synovitis. If it is an injury, then the principle of rest, ice, compression and elevation should be applied and this is usually effective. If the cause is arthritic, then anti-inflammatory medications are usually successful. In cases caused by more serious conditions, treatment of that condition is the primary concern, although arthroscopic surgery may be performed to remove the affected synovial tissue.. Consult Orthopedician for further advice....