Knee injury

Hi Doc... I cant straighten my knee..,and i cant walk properly (only my left knee). I have no problem in bending it, but if i straighten my knee der is pain..., and even pain in walking properly... Is it a serious problem or should i consult an ortho... One of my relative said it may be coz of MENISCUS dislocation .., is it serious...???

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You should get it checked out by a orthopedician in person. Get a x-ray done and establish a proper diagnosis. Injury to meniscus could be one problem, but what if something else is causing this issue. Do not waste time in consulting with a orthopedician. Better to start treatment of whatever it is early rather than repenting later. Best regards.  Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Sameer Sahay
Consultant Physician 9 yrs exp Pune

Yes it can be due to damage to the meniscus, usually with a fragment 'locking' the knee. It requires at first rest for few days with anti inflammatory medication, and later specific diagnosis if it continues to trouble you.