Kidney Transplanation

Dear sir , I have undergone Kidney Transplantation in 2008 ,everything is good for four years.After that it got rejected and i lost my transplanted kidney. I am on dialysis since 2011. Planning for second Kidney Transplantation.I have registered in jeevandan and i got 2 chances but positive result came in cross matching. Recently one of my relative came for donate and i went for cross match , aagain positive result came. My doctor told me that,there are lot of Anti-Bodies in my blood that's why am getting positive result in cross matching.And also he told there is no medicine for remove/ control the Anti Bodies.My Doctor suggested will wait for 6 months and go for Cross Match again.My questions are as follows 1) Can i expect "Negative" result in Cross Match after 6 months. 2) If i get positive result in Cross Match then i go for Transplantation.Is it successful ? Things are confused..please suggest.

Hello, Hosts blood group and HLA group should match with the donars organ .otherwise your body rejects organ. So it depends , you may luckily get perfect donar. Even after transplantation vigilance is needed to check signs and symptoms of rejection. You will be given immunosupresants to avoid rejection and those immunosupresants have their side effects. Consult nephrologists for further information.
Dr. Prashant C Dheerendra
Nephrologist/Renal Specialist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Whether it will be "negative" after 6 months is a difficult question to answer. Transplantation with a positive cross match has high risk of severe rejection and it is not performed. You can explore the option of what is called "desensitization" therapy with your nephrologist to make the cross match negative. If it is successful, you can undergo transplantation. Obviously it is a big undertaking with many pros and cons. Please have a detailed discussion with your nephrologist and take the best possible option.