Kid toilet problem

Hi, My 2yrs old kid is struggling a lot to go for toilet (poo) from last 2months. She don't have practice day to day. For every 4-5 days she will struggle a lot. One more thing she had a habit of standing by twisting her legs during poo. Please suggest & help me. Thanks in advance Shiva

Doctor Answers (1) on Kid toilet problem

Ashwani Koul Bangalore | Pediatrician
She is suffering from constipation. There are various reasons for that, not eating enough fibre, changes in eating habits, ignoring urge to pass stool, medications, not drinking enough fluids, anxiety or local causes- fissure. And treatment requires you to find the cause and treat that. Start by increasing fibre content in her diet, oata are a good option Make her drink 1 to 1,5 litre of water a day Let her relax and pass poo, make her sit on the toilet seat for 15 mins min daily. If these dont help then medications for softening stools can be given.