Jock Itch with rashes

I have got Jock itch since few years and gets severe in few seasons. I use FourDerm regularly to avoid itch feelings but still the infections is not gone. I started regular walks in the morning and loosing some weight now the thigh area the skin got soft and infection and feeling extremely uncomfortable even to walk.

Doctor Answers (2) on Jock Itch with rashes

. Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE FOREDERM OR BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps
PLEASE SEE A QUALIFIED DERAMTOLOGIST IN YOUR CITY AT THE EARLIEST
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging
Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals, mostly self medication by the patients. To add to the problem, many combination tubes are easily available in market and there is no regulation on the sale. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.