Jock/dhobi itch
I have developed some rashes near my inner thighs and it is probably jock/dhobi itch. Have been applying itch guard and clotrimazole cream for almost 3 weeks now but provides only momentary relief and hasn't helped to reduce or wipe out the rashes from the area. Please suggest. Thanks you
168 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, Tinea cruris, a pruritic superficial fungal infection of the groin and adjacent skin. Intial treatment includes topical antifungals, for extensive or recalcitrant infection  systemic administration of antifungal therapy is done. Tinea cruris can become infected secondarily by candidal or bacterial organisms. In addition, the area can become lichenified and hyperpigmented in the setting of a chronic fungal infection. consult Dermatologist...
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.