Itchy Skin on buttock

I am having itching problem on my buttocks and I have used DK Gel cream whenever I use I feel ok ok but again after stopping it the problem starts and itching will be more in the night. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Itchy Skin on buttock

Greetings - this could be a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. Dk gel is fine but If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging