Itchy scalp

I'm suffering from itchy and greasy scalp from 3 years, And my hair is shredding slowly. I would like to know if there's any remedy? some say it is seborrheic dermatitis, if so hair loss due to this is temporary or permanent.??

Doctor Answers (1) on Itchy scalp

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
Hair fall can be because of alopecia Areata , Androgenetic Alopecia , seborrhoeic dermatitis , Telogen effluvium etc... It is difficult to comment on why you are losing hair. Usually seborrhoeic dermatitis doesn't cause permanent hair loss... but the tricky situation is that oily scalp and seborrhoeic dermatitis are commonly associated with Androgenetic Alopecia (male pattern baldness ). Without a dermatologist examining you how will you know and how will I or anyone on this chat forum tell you? So go to a dermatologist near you . Let the allopathic dermatologist decide why you have the hair fall. Treatments are different .