Itchy back acne

I have been having breakouts on my back since a year now, but now its grown pretty severe. I started avoiding hot water showers for that reason but that doesn't really seem to help. Also, the most affected areas are the ones near my shoulders and upper back. I even started avoiding the consumption of hot drinks or any eatable which encourages the body to produce more heat. I have even tried several remedies, from baking soda to lemon juice and even neem oil, but none of these worked for me. I don't scratch my back when it itchesas I don't want to scar my body. Switching to bio-cotton fabrics surely eases the itchy sensation but it hasn't shown any effect on those red acnes. I am looking for an effective, long lasting and fast remedy.

Doctor Answers (1) on Itchy back acne

Hi. Greetings. You seem to have done everything under the sun. But have you considered seeing a specialist. You may have trunkal acne or pityrosporum folliculitis and will need confirmation by a dermatologist and adequate treatment for the same. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bengaluru