Itching of skin

I am having itching problem from the past couple of days. Near the thighs area and in the pubic region. That area has become completely red. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching of skin

Hi. Greetings. This may be a fungal infection or erythrasma. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Dr Govind S Mittal.