Itching in eyes

In morning when i wake up i have itching in my eyes and if i do that water comes from eyes and eyes become red. This is generally observed whenever winters come or if the weather changes to cool. Please suggest something useful.

Doctor Answers (3) on Itching in eyes

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Shahnawaz Kazi Mumbai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You might have allergy problem and if you are an avid CL user you will beed to discontinue use libricants drips and drink lots of water and dont rub your eyes blonk eyes often.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... Follow these steps.... Don't rub your eyes, even though they may be itchy.... Rubbing your eyes can make your symptoms worse....Place a cool compress over your eyes. Wetting a flannel with cool water and holding it over your eyes will help ease your symptoms....Avoid exposure to the allergen, if possible.... Consult your Ophthalmologist if symptoms persists.....