Itching in anus opening

I am feeling itching sensation from past couple of days, while checking in mirror i found white color thread like worm, what medicine should I need to take

Doctor Answers (2) on Itching in anus opening

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. it could be threadworms. i would suggest you do a stool test for ova and cysts. you can take a tab. bandy plus as a single dose before going to bed today and repeat the same after a week. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Balaji clinic, Bangalore.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... You must consult doctor once.. Stool examination is required for confirmation of diagnosis.... r mebendazole is usually given for this .This medication is 90-100% effective at killing the threadworms, but it doesn't kill the eggs. This is why the hygiene measures should also be followed for six weeks. It has side effects ,you must take tablets after consultation general physician.