Itching - genital area
I have itching around my genital area from last couple of weeks. Have tried Itch guard but not much useful. Should I visit a dermatologist or sexologist?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings. Itching at genital area is usually due to a Fungal infection - this is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a qualified dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE ITCH GUARD OR BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps
contact me on follow up messaging / see a qualified dermatologist