Itchiness In Eye
Off lately, say 2-3 weeks, I get this itching sensation in my eyes and it is so bad that i start rubbing them. It is not in one particular eye, sometimes it is right & sometimes it is left. My eyes become red & after itching it hurts to blink. I wear kajal on a daily basis. I have been applying lotepred eye drops but they have not given me optimum results. It hurts alot & i wear specks.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. May be your eye cannot take too much of eye make up. Or the kajal is not suiting your eyes. Or your eyes are getting dry. Who has given you these eye drops? Are you doing self medication? Avoid it. You can use a eye drop ciplox 1 drop 5 times a day . And a eye drop. Ontears 1 drop 5 times a day both for three days. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.