cardiologist-icon
Ischemic cardiomyopathy
I just wanted to know why are my husband's legs getting swollen even after taking proper medication

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

This could be because of the fluid overload In view of severe LV systolic dysfunction he should restrict his liquid intake His twenty four hours liquid intake should not exceed one litre Also salt intake should be restricted Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist

Hello.we need to examine you..as per the details you have mentioned it looks like because of the lv failure and fluid overload only the is having this symptom...it will definitely take time to subside...do not worry..be regular with your medications and also go for regular follow ups with your cardiologist...thank you