Is it tuberculosis?
CT-Scan of my mother done at my home town reads "CECT CHEST REVEALS PATCHY AIR SPACE ACINARISATION WITH FEW TINY NODULAR RADIO OPACITIES AND PROMONENT BRONCHO-VASCULAR MARKINGS. MULTIPLE WELL DEFINED CONTRAST ENHANCHING SOFT TISSUE DENSITY LESIONS IN RIGHT PARA TRACHEAL PRE/SUB CARNIAL REGION; POSSIBLITY OF UNDERLYING INFECTIVE ETIOLOGY(TUBERCULAR) " her doctor has diagnosed it as tuberculosis. She has prescribed Rizorine kit for her and says treatment might continue for couple of months. What is puzzling me is that doctor says that it is not contagious. I wonder is this diagnosis correct ?

This can be a case of mediastinal tb.. however can only be confirmed by other tests. Also if you are diagnosed with tb, treatment should go for a minimum of 6 to 8 months
Hi. I understand your concerns. tb can present in various ways. The diagnostic method is sputum examination or tissue diagnosis of tb is confirmative. It could be tb but diagnosis also depends on what symptoms the patient is having. Hope your questions were answered. thanks.