Is it safe to travel

Hello Doctor, I am in the 11th wk of pregnancy. I would like to know if I can travel by flight(domestic 2.5hrs journey) now. Is it safe? Please advise. Thanks.

Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello. If your first trimester has been uneventful and you don't have any co morbid conditions, you can travel. Few tips to make it more comfortable -Keep your medications handy -stay hydrated -take a short walk every 1-1.5 hours
Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 9 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, Thank you for your query regarding travel and pregnancy. At earlier gestation if there are no comorbidities there is no indication for restriction of travel until 36 weeks of gestation. However things you should note while travel. 1. Take tablets for nausea, vomiting and keep bags in handy incase you get motion sick. 2. Stay hydrated, drink plenty of fluids throughout the travel. 3. Do little foot exercises on your seat to prevent DVT you may wear graduated elastic compression stocking if you have any comorbidities which would put you at a higher risk of venous thromboembolism. Regards, Aditi