Is it safe to give oxipod 50 suspension
My child is 9month old and he has cough and running nose from past 3 days.Doctor has given cough and cold medicine and also oxipod 50 suspension.Please suggest whether its safe to give oxipod 50 suspension to my child

Most cough and cold are viral in origin and antibiotic has no role. If mild,avoid unnecessary medicine and just give steam inhalations for cold and cough and decongestant nasal drops for nasal block or increased cough on lying down. Use paracetamol for fever if required. If not improving OR accompanied by other symptoms like wheezing or breathlessness or dullness and refusal to feed,consult your paediatrician.