Is coitus on day 5 safe?

Is it safe to have unprotected sex on the 5th day of cycle counting from the 1st day of period? I have a 31 day cycle (average) with fairly regular periods. I'm asking this because I'm skeptical about taking an emergency pill because of its side effects Please advise accordingly if I should Much Thanks
views-icons 32 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello. Since you have regular periods, it's unlikely that pregnancy will occur. However, in rare cases, pregnancy has been reported even after intercourse during periods. To avoid stress in future, I'd suggest you switch to OC pills or condom
wait for next periods. you need not worry
Dr. Vinay Gupta
Sexologist 32 yrs exp Bilaspur

Yes. 5th Day of period is safe as for as pregnancy is concerned. If a woman has regular period, 11th to 18 th days r considered  to be fertile period.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, You are having normal periods, so you are unlikely to be pregnant. Also, avoid having unprotected sex next time, use a contraception. Do not take any emergency pill, it will have a bad impact on your hormones. Stay relaxed, there is nothing to worry about.