Irritation

I have a kid whobis 1.7 years old.what ever he s doing am getting irritated I shout at him and then cry for myself my husband also doesn't understand that he shows his face for unnecessary things. I need to come out of this issue I feel like I am into some depression please suggest me.

Doctor Answers (4) on Irritation

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
First of all... stop shouting. This does no good..neither to your baby nor to you. Cuddle the baby when he doesn't listen. He is too little to understand your commands or distress so no use showing him your frustration. One thing is sure that your baby WILL GROW. So just wait for that. He will be easier to handle after three yrs of age.  First child is  stressful. Keep in mind that you don't have 2nd child till u are not mentally ready. If your depression and crying spells are over the top.. consult a psychiatrist.  You are in Delhi so there are good ones there  . All the best.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, it can be quite stressful handling a small kid and sometimes one can get overwhelmed with  the responsibility of it all, especially if you are single handedly doing the major job of looking after your kid.
If you can delegate some of the responsibility of your kid  for sometime to a trusted family member like your Mom or Husband or your M.I.L , please do so. There is no need to feel guilty about seeking help from them.
Also, see a Psychiatrist at the earliest if your irritation persists as it could be a sign of Depression. It is very much treatable and you will feel much better with counseling and/ or  medication.
Hope this helps , All the best!
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello goody mom,  yes ur r under stress of over responsibilities where  nobody is able to support you physically and emotionally! !!...

Please request some of your daily membwrs to come and be with you for some time and help you around physically .
If even after that if u r not able to come out of this situation please do visit a Psychologist and understand and share with them.

Dr. Priyanka Yadav Ghaziabad | Addiction Psychiatrist
Dear User

Presently you seem to be overwhelmed with responsibilities. Stress can lead to depression. You should consult a psychiatrist for evaluation and treatment. You irritability is a sign of depression. With treatment that can be therapy or mediations your symptoms will improve and so will your relationship with your kid and husband.