Irregular periods

I am a mom of 7-months old baby boy. Delivered thru' C-section on 8th August 15. Post-delivery, was bleeding nearly about a month till 1st Sept. Then periods stopped and again started at 17th Sept. Got next periods on 16th Oct. November-December-January there was no flow, but sticky, brown colored cell debris were thrown out for nearly about 9-10 days in respective months. February, there were no periods and this month also no sign of it yet. Was detected with fibroid on posterior wall of ovary while i was pregnant, to which my gynac said that we will treat it once the baby is 1 year old. Please advise if it is normal to not have periods like this. Because of the irregular and improper periods my weight is still high.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular periods

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, irregular bleeding and passage of cell debris( lochia) during bleeding is common for few months after delivery and it will goes of by itself, if you see same type of bleeding in your next period get a abdomino pelvic scan it will help you to see any remaining products of gestation in uterus, also help to follow up for fibroid. And sometimes it takes more time to loose weight after delivery (because of changed diet, often bed rest, decreased activity, and due to hormonal imbalance)