Irregular periods

Hello Doc, i got married around 1 year ago.after marriage,i am suffering from irregular periods.The first month i missed my periods i.e. on march last year.i got it on april again.after that it was on time for 3-4 months.from nov periods is not regular.16th oct,11th nov,9th dec,16th jan,9th feb its my periods date.9th feb was the last.n still its not came.on 13th of march,i consulted a gyno.she did pregnancy test(urine test) and that was negative.she prescribed me some medicines :- SYSRON-NCR(For 10 days), B-N-C Syrup and CLEMENSTOL SYRUP(For 1months).i took that medicines.but still its not coming.and now m feeling very sick.my whole body is aching.n stomach n waist pain s unbearable.please advice me what to do now.i want to conceive.but for that now what to do?reply soon.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular periods

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,there are many causes for irregular periods ,Harmonal imbalance is one of the most common cause , in these days pcos (polycystic ovarian disease is most commonly seen . ultrasound of ovaries is required for diagnosis , Other causes are Hypothyroidism , gynacological problems ,you do ultrasound and consult gynaecologist with report.