Irregular period

My wife is facing problem since last few month of irregular period and heavy bleeding. Last month cyst in ovary was diagonised and which is cured by medication. This month also she got period in 15 days only and started to feel quite weak. When contacted to doctor she told that it is related to harmonal imbalance and prescribed Birth control pill and vitamin tablets. We are concerned that use of birth control pill may cause side effect and delay the chances of pregnancy. Is it right and safe to use pill for irregular period ? Kindly help with your advice.

Doctor Answers (4) on Irregular period

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
You are right. Birth control pill can just mask your symptoms while you are on it. Not only they do not heal the body,they can have potential life threatening side effects and are definitely toxic in the long run. I applaud your decision of saying no to BC pills. If you really want to know and heal the root cause of this issue, please read my blogs on Prato health feed or www.truhealing.com. Hope that helps
Hi, Thanks for the query. If at present , not contemplating pregnancy ocp does relieve irregular cycles and have no long term impact on chances of getting pregnant
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
yes it is safe to use the tablets, right now whatever problem your wife is facing will be cured, so you should follow your doctor's advice.
Dr. Aparnaa Panda Bangalore | Gynecologist
It is good to use OCPs to regularize the cycles. Pl continue treatment with her. But must rule out other causes such as pco and Hypothyroid by blood tests