Irregular Period

Hello Doctor, My wife is having irregular periods since last two months which exceed the normal cycle by 08 days and 22 days. She is having painful periods but prior to this said two months the periods were regular earlier of 30 days cycle with painful periods. We are trying to conceive from these last two said months and thus unprotected intercourse and observing the delay in period for both these said cycles we tested out on pregnancy kit but the result was negative. We are now in a mind set to have a conceive accordingly and have the baby. Kindly suggest and advise on this issue. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards,

Doctor Answers (3) on Irregular Period

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, You should try to conceive naturally for at least an year. If you are still not able to conceive then consult an infertility specialist for further evaluation and managment. For now, get follicular monitoring done and have timely intercourse. This will increase your chances of having a successful conception. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further examination. My clinic offers varied gynecological treatments and services and ensures that you have a successful treatment. You can also share your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Delay in cycles can be due to several causes. Since she had regular cycles before this, the cause could be temporary like stress. Keep a track of her dates. You may get an ultrasound pelvis done and get back with reports. Start folic acid supplements since you plan to conceive.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her