Irregular menstrual cycle

My friend had an unprotected sexual intercourse on dated 27 July 2016.She took ipill d nxt day,I.e.28 July 2016,but after 5 minutes of taking ipill she vomited very less.She is not sure wether she must hv thrown out I pill.den on dated 30-7-16 she did a Urinary pregnancy test which was negative.She is suffering with Pcod and irregular menstruations too.She got her periods last in mnth of May.She missed it in June and July.As the Hcg levels are high in the body only aftr 2-3 weeks of sex,and urinary pregnancy test is more accurate when done at dis time.Is der any chance that she is pregnant?Only back ache she is suffering wid as she is lso diagnosed wid Intervertebral disc collapse.and no other symptoms is seen.And does she need to do a thyroid test coz she has gained a sudden weigh in past three mnths from 73 to 80 kgs.If at all der are chances of her being pregnant what is d accurate way to test and know about it.And what shud b her next step?

Doctor Answers (2) on Irregular menstrual cycle

Manju Aggarwal Delhi | Gynecologist
Blood pregnancy test can be done on 10th August  (s beta hcg ). If negative it will rule out pregnancy. She should go to gynaecologist for irregular periods and wt gain for investigations. there are several reasons for  delayed periods and obesity like hypothyroidism, PCOS, lack of physical activity, stress, nutrition etc.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi... Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her... As she is already been diagnosed with pcos, consult gynecologist.....