Irregular Menstrual Cycle

It's the second time i am facing the same problem that i faced in December month also. Always I am having the irregular periods and in december and march my menstrual cycle gap was of 10 days. So what should i do for it.?

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular Menstrual Cycle

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her