Irregular cycles

I am a patient of PCOS.... And am not getting my periods on time.... My date was 1st but haven't got it yet.... My treatment got stopped due to some reasons and I am facing mood swings due to hormonal imbalance... I want to get rid of these issues as I am going to be 18 and have heard many negative things that happens because of irregular periods

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

Concentrate on your life style, indulge yourself in exercise, medicine, avoid junk food, at your age it's difficult to say irregular cycles directly a pcos, first confirm the diagnosis  with composite evaluation.....And check your weight... That should on lower normal limit according to your height
Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore

There is no permanent cure for PCOS. However, the symptoms can be minimized to a large extent by life style changes and some medicines. If you are obese, weight reduction helps quite a bit. If it has been long time since you last visited a Gynaecologist, visit one and follow the treatment prescribed.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
If you  really want to know  the root cause of your problem and heal, please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Subidita Chatterjee
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 32 yrs exp Kolkata
It is perfectly normal to get irregular periods upto age 18 or so. What happens is that it takes a few years for the periods to regularize after menarche ( first starting of periods). This is because of irregular ovulation that takes time to normalize. Usually it is seen that after hormones are stopped for a while side-effects come back to normal. You need to visit a gynaecologist and get a full assessment of your PCO - whether you need to lose weight or take further medicines. Hope you feel better soon!