Irregular menstrual cycle

I hav some white spots on my leg(vitiligo) & am going through treatment since march 16 they hav given me folic acid syrup and one tablet to hav it in a week and lotion bt after this i m getting irregularity in my comes for 3-4 days in vry small amount and after a week it happens again.i consulted my doc bt they said this should nt happen wid this medicine.what should i do? whether i should consult to gynaecologist or wait till the treatment gets over.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular menstrual cycle

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi would have been better if you could have written the drug name of the tablet (once a week) and lotion you are applying. There are many tablets, especially hormonal tablets, steroids which can alter the menstrual cycles. But since the dermatologist has said it doesn't affect it, it is better you consult a gynecologist for further evaluation as there are many other causes for irregular menstrual cycles in your age especially pcod