Intake of Duphaston

Hi I had pcos problem. I have done iui for two times but it failed. I am now under duphaston 10mg from14th day. I have using it for past 4 months. Can you please tell me whether it is safe to take this tablet for months together? Can u suggest me how to proceed??

Doctor Answers (1) on Intake of Duphaston

Thank you for your question.
I am presuming that you are under the care of a competent fertility expert. If so, you would have had a series of tests including checking your husband's semen analysis.
As part of a variety of fertility treatments progesterone is used to support the latter half of the cycle. Progesterone (duphaston) is normally secreted by the ovary after ovulation. In some cases additional progesterone is prescribed to help overcome the inability of the ovary to do this effectively. You need to discuss your treatment plan with your doctor so that you can clarify your doubts and commit to the treatment plan with full confidence. Understand that negativity, doubt, fear and anxiety also affect your internal hormonal balance. Managing your whole internal millieu is important to success in fertility.
wishing you the very best