Insomnia, Migraine

I can't sleep at night, and then I feel sleepy whenever I study during the day. My leg pains a lot too. At times I can't concentrate on certain stuff, I get distracted easily not on thoughts but whatever I see. I have a lot of childhood dreams, I'm working towards it and I know I'm capable for it. I'm worried I won't be able to fulfill them them, I'm worried I'm overconfident. I'm engaged and will be married by this year. I hate going to another home. I hate being committed to someone other than my parents. I love my parents a lot, I want to be with them all the time. Also, I'm an introvert and my in-laws keep complaining I'm silent. I've improved a lot, but they don't notice that. My husband wants me to be there for him all the time, he complains at times that I'm always studying though he's supportive for my studies, he complains if I don't pick up the phone. He's really shy, he just talks to his family...they don't notice that.He takes out all his tension on me,and later says sorry.

Doctor Answers (1) on Insomnia, Migraine

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
I see that you are ambitious as well as loving person. I also see that you are marrying very young. I am sure there are good reasons backing it. You are under pressure of managing a new commitment along with the drive for fulfilling your dreams which is keeping you awake at night & preoccupied at day leading to physical pain and mental pressure. In this new relationship called marriage there ought to be closeness and time allotted to each other however it's equally important to have space between both so that you can also maintain your individuality. If your would be husband is just supportive of your studies in his words & not in his deeds, you are to consider the deeds as his real personality. Set boundaries between you both & allot some time only for studying. Communicate to him about the same & request him to cooperate. If he already is taking out his tensions on you, it would increase to a great extent after marriage. Please observe if he is comfortable with you having any other friends or you engaging in anything else other than concerning him. If it has to be all about him/ just him & also if he doesn't really have any friends do not hesitate to talk to your parents first thing and explain everything in best possible way. You are a strong person capable of building a great life. Go ahead with little caution.