Insomnia and depression

I have a chronic disease(chronic pancreatitis) and lately I have been depressed a lot and that has started insomnia as well.

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, Firstly, I can only imagine the pain you would be going through daily. It can be very difficult to deal with such a chronic disease which has limited treatment. I don't know if you have tried any surgeries ( there happens to be one for reducing pain to a great extent). However, the other therapies that you could try include Reike, acupressure, meditation and the one that has proven to be very effective among cancer patients for pain management is self hypnosis. Of course, this would also help in regulating your sleep. How long has it been since you have been diagnosed with your condition? This would help me to answer more accurately about your insomnia. I'm sorry to hear about your condition but please give the above mentioned therapies a try. These methods take time to work so please be patient and continue religiously. It will surely work to help you get better sleep and reduce your pains.