Insomania.

Hi doctor, I am not getting proper sleep since past one month. I drink alcohol once or twice a week. My problem is that wether I sleep early or late, I wake up around 7.30
views-icons 92 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Bevin S
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Madurai

Well alcohol can be the first culprit to cause these symptoms. Not maintaining proper sleep pattern, poor diet pattern, stress can all worsen it.
kindly avoid alcohol and smoking if any. Do some relaxation exercises. don't skip your breakfast. maintain a work and rest balance. Do physical exercises and yoga if possible. Avoid junk food and caffeine.
Maintain a proper sleep pattern. Avoid late night snacks and food. Go to bed only when you feel sleepy. You should be okay within few weeks if you can follow these. Be relaxed stay healthy. Thank you.
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

How many hrs do u want to sleep ?!! If u know the answer  and then compare with yours and still u r not happy with ur sleep pattern 8 then consult a Psychological Counselling the city u love and have a better clarity.
Varsha B G
Psychiatrist Bangalore

From your brief description..sleep may be less due to many reasons. It may be becuse of stress,worries , underlying depression or may be that you are sleeping in the day time. Do u feel fresh once you get up in the morning or tired during the day ... Do u wake up in between or have trouble in falling asleep.these things you need to clarify. Drinking alcohol wil complicate the things.
consult a psychiatrist
try sleep hygiene.. going to bed at the same time using bed onky to sleep avoiding other activities like watching TV ..reading talking once you go to bed avoid physical exercise just before going to bed avoiding heavy meals just before going to bed avoid tea coffee in the late evenings keep aside your worries and go to bed.