Inguinal Hernia Laproscop
Which is better method to fix hernia ? Is it an open surgery or the laproscopic method ? I have both inguinal and umbilical hernia. Please suggest...

Dr. B K Madhusudan
Homeopath 26 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi Males usually get inguinal hernia And female normally umbilical hernia. But it is not that a male shouldn't get umbilical hernia. It is because of the weakness of the abdominal muscles, which can't stop the part of one's intestines in place & the intestine protrudes through the weak point. In your case, I feel the choice of the correcting surgery is best left to the surgeon who is working on you. Good luck