Infertility

I got married three years back but couldn't achieve pregnancy..Me and my husband consulted several doctors..but all our reports came normal.Now one of the doctors suggested HCG.Its some tube test to check if there is any blockage in the tubes or not.Is this test safe? Does it have any side effects? Should I go for it? Pls reply.

Doctor Answers (3) on Infertility

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, It's diffcult for me to determine the solution without seeing you and your partner's medical history. Hence, I would suggest that you visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in Green Park, New Delhi so that I can guide you better. My centre offers varied fertility treatments and services to help you have a joyful parenthood experience. You can mail me your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
There is no reason  why you should  not conceive if you get the correct information .In nature, healthy  reproduce. I am sure if I evaluate your case, I can show  you  the root cause of the problem  and how to reverse it.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dear Ma'am,

Preliminary tests of infertility in a couple include:
1. Day 21 Progesterone.
2. HSG or Diagnostic Laparoscopy and chromopertubation.
3.Husband semen analysis.

HSG or Hysterosalpingogram is a Diagnostic intervention which involves dye injection into the female genital tract through the cervical canal to visualize tubal patency.

It is a safe procedure associated with minimal lower abdominal pain,  cramps. Rare side effects include anaphylaxis with iodine dye and theoretical risk of disruption of implantation or embryotoxicity.

Rest assured that all precautions would be taken by your treating gynaecologist before scheduling your test.

I noted that you might be a bit overweight,  a weight loss of 5-10 kg would improve your fertility chances.

Regards,
Dr Aditi