Inferior turbinate hypertrophy and DNS
I am 40 yrs male having inferior turbinate hypertrophy and also having mild DNS. I visited ENT and he advised me to go for septoplasty. My prime concern is turbinate swelling which occurs only in night or during rearing time and also switches side resulting blocking my nasal passages one at a time. Is septoplasty is the only solution or these is separate medication / surgery for turbinate hypertrophy for its size reduction. I am not a mouth breather and also having anxiety issues upon even thinking of my nostrils packing after septoplasty. Hence, suggest any good ENT in Delhi/NCR who does septoplasty without nasal packing and also does Laser ablation for turbinate.
54 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

I do not do any surgery on the inferior turbinate at all! I found that after septoplasty, especially when I removed septal bony plate at the level of the nasal valve, the thickness of the nasal septum is reduced by about 1mm. Also, after septal correction, I use Silastic septal splints with airways which when inserted in nose compresses the hypertrophied inferior turbinates bilaterally. This pressure when maintained over the 4 days postoperatively reduces the bulk of the inferior turbinates without having to resort to any destructive surgery. The two steps together with regular nasal washes with buffered hypertonic saline gives my patients tremendous relief and results in a functionally superior nose.
Next Steps
You are welcome to come down to Bangalore and meet me and let me help you.
Health Tips
FYI, I am also equipped with a LASER and other high-tech tools like Coblator Wands and Microdebrider. I use these tools only when the evidence mandates me to do so, and not to simply use it to fleece patients!
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.