Indents above ankle
Had ORIF surgery for lateral malleolus fracture(left leg) on 03/06/2016 and plate, screws are still there. From 15/06/2016 started wearing sports shoes with ankle sports socks for whole day and I could see that the socks is leaving deeper indents above the ankle which is worrying me. Is the indents normal or do I need to go for a second opinion?

Dr. Alok Kumar
General Physician 16 yrs exp Delhi

Consult orthopedic

Hello......I can understand your problem.. It could be due to high elasticity of socks or see if there is edema in ankle... If there is ankle edema you should stop wearing it and consult orthopedic surgeon... If there is no edema then don't worry about it.........