Increase in Astigmatism
Undergoing intestinal tuberculosis medication from past 6 months. Before tuberculosis my eye was perfect. But after starting medication my astigmatism increased drastically. First it was (.two five), then increased to (.seven five) in 4 months and today Corneal Topography showing it (one . seven) Is it by TB medicine?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello dear...first of all..there is no corelation between TB therapy and corneal topography.....second my opinion is...astigmatism on topography (1.75D) does not mean that u need 1.75D cylinderical number in glasses...many times it is more on topography but patient accepts less cylinder ..
Dr. Ram Nath
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 32 yrs exp Delhi
No . Disease and medicine have no role to play. Only incidental observations.