Incompetent cervix

I lost my baby last year.During week 24 , due to dilation of cervix to 1.8 mm I was put on bed rest,but i delivered my baby next week .She survived for 5-6 hours and the doctor didn't even try saving her.Is that legal to just give up? If I plan to try for a child after 5 years , is it a good decision?

Doctor Answers (1) on Incompetent cervix

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
I am sorry for the things happened to you but in India we have the facility to save babies born after 28weeks...regarding waiting till 5 years I would recommend you not to wait because your eggs reserve will reduce and chances of congenital malformation in baby are high...Surgical treatment of cervical insufficiency has long consisted of cervical cerclage, which is the placement of a stitch in an attempt to improve the tensile strength of the cervix...Consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.