Inability to conceive

For last six months have been having unprotected sex with my hubby but am not conceiving and my periods are irregular irregular and I need what is the problem with me am scared to be a barren

Doctor Answers (2) on Inability to conceive

Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hi. It can take upto an year for healthy couples to conceive. But since you have irregular periods, I'd suggest you to get evaluated. Since I don't know your weight and if you have other complaints, it's difficult to tell cause of irregular menses.
TSH prolactin, ultrasound pelvis, husband's semen analysis. revert with reports
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....first thing you should know is- infertility means unable to concieve even after one year of unprotected regular Sex. If that's the case it may be due to numerous causes, in womens- it might be due to uterine abnormality,hormonal imbalance, fibroid in uterus,sometimes infection like T.B would have scarred fallopian tube which might be a cause,certain medications, obesity etc. In men- decreased sperm count, chronic alcoholism,smoking,obesity,premature ejaculation,medications, testicular infection or trauma etc....so get this things checked. You should know that there are 20 to 25% cases where the cause is unknown for infertility....As I already mentioned if you are not concieving for more than one year, you can try invitro fertilisation(IVF) technique which has a good sucess rate....kindly consult a obstetrician regarding this they will guide you further.