Have headache almost daily, sometimes (mostly) a bad one too, get frustrated easily, blame myself for everything, talk to others rudely then over think about what i did but never tell others anythn lyk wht i think/do, cant concentrate on studies , want to talk to mom dad calmly but everytime i start i end up fighting,
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Hello!! I believe you've been having unexplained headache and have been irritable for the past few days. This pain has caused you enough distress to effect your relationship with your parents and friends.
Being 17 puts you at a place in life where much more is expected out of you academically as well as socially. This is a stage where you feel that you're being judged and hence have to put in extra effort to be in control of the situation.
All these situations give enough cause for emotional outburst and a phenomenon we call tension headache. Tension headache is often a diffused mild-moderate pain in the head often described as feeling like a tight band around your head. It is the most common yet most misunderstood cause of headache.
1) Management of tension headache is quite simple and achievable, the first step being- managing stress. The core to treatment lies in striking a healthy balance between what you want to achieve and living a healthy balanced life.
2) Be organised in academics as well as personal life. Plan your schedule and make use of time charts to keep you organised.
3) Maintain a healthy lifestyle which means, eat healthy, sleep healthy as well as think healthy.
4) Indulge in a relaxing hobby activity.
5) Engage in a 20-30 min physical exercise as physical exercises have been proven to be natural remedies to stress reduction.
6) Talk to your parents and lived ones and never forget to relax with your friends.
lastly, at this age it appears that no one understands your problem, the truth is that you need to learn to trust in someone preferably your parents as no one would you to be stress free as much as them.
I hope this helps you. However, if the headache persists, then its advisable to see a doctor.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.