I have an open wound
I met with an accident on 12 June and stitches was removed on 24 June but still wound is not filled. It is still open. Is betadine ointment 10% good for this??? However doctor recommended to use candiderma+ but no result yet..

Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, it could probably an infected wound, it is not possible to advice clearly without seeing the wound. Proper wound care, cleaning wound with saline water (tea spoon of salt in a jug of clean water) twice a day and applying betadine ointment is enough to get through minor infections and to heal wound with in weeks (duration depends on size and location of wound). Otherwise please talk to general surgeon.