I have a stye

I have a stye in my right eye. i had a similar problem before and had to get the same operated. Its come back on the same location. I am getting married next month and want to take care of it as soon as possible

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

hello It is very difficult to comment without actually examining your eyes kindly send me a photo of your eyes so that i can review the swelling and guide you
Dr. Vishal Arora
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 6 yrs exp Gurgaon

Stye happens due to infection of eyelid glands. The steps to be followed for its prevention 1. Stop rubbing or touching your eyes. Most commonly its because of our hands touching the eyelids and causing infection 2 maintaining hygiene, not changing cosmetics 3. Get refraction done (see for any spectacle number that you may have) Once it happens start with warm compression. If it becomes more painful or increases in size you may need oral antibiotics

Hello there...... hold the warm compress over the affected eye for five to 10 minutes repeat this three or four times a day until the stye clears up or releases some pus.... The warmth of the compress will encourage the stye to release any pus, which will drain away. After this, your symptoms should quickly improve..... Consult your ophthalmologist for further treatment....