I had dengue fever and I got discharged from hospital 6 days back ... I'm alright now... My question is here lot of people r getting affected by dengue and there are lot of mosquito's... So will I get dengue again if I get bitten by a mosquito?
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
dengue is caused by a virus which harbours in mosquitoes.
once you get affected by dengue, its not certain that you will never get dengue again.
if the dengue mosquito bites you and significant virus is transferred, then yes you can get affected.
consider the following
1. never let water stagnate near your premises because they become breeding sites for mosquitoes.
2. take measures of pest control.
3. never take aspirin when you get a fever take paracetamol.
4. if you have mosquito problem and you get a fever, its always best to take treatment ASAP.
5. be it any fever, drink lots if water.
consult a physician for further info.