diabetes-icon

I'm 21 year old boy

I'm 21 and my height is just 5 feet 8 and a half inches... My MOTHER is 5 feet 7, FATHER is 5 feet 11 inches, my SISTER is 5 feet 5 inches... Most of my relatives are also tall... I am desperate to increase my height to at least 6 feet.. Plz help

Doctor Answers (1) on I'm 21 year old boy

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Exercise at least five times per week. By using exercises that help with gaining height, you will naturally increase the level of growth hormones in your body. Certain weight training exercises, high intensity sprints and bar hanging can help you achieve this. Athletic activities like basket ball and swimming are generally known to increase height.you must strengthen your abdominal and back muscles first to get the most out of your exercises.Eat a healthy diet. you have to eat more foods high in amino acids to help increase the levels of human growth hormones in your body. Adding calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium rich food items into your diet can help you increase these levels as well.