I am gaining weight

I guess I am thyroidic n gaining weight in very less span of time. Can you please advise me some precaution to loose weight ad control it

Doctor Answers (3) on I am gaining weight

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
If you  really want to know  the root cause of your problem and heal, please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Shubhada Jathar Pune | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Do your blood T4 T3 TSH levels. Check your diet. Consult good nutritionist and exercise.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there have you got your thyroid tests down or are just assuming you have thyroid disorder. If you haven't got it done, get your thyroid function tests done and consult a general physician with it.First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same