diabetes-icon

I am diabetic

Today morning suddenly I fall down fr
om my scooty while driving and everything was blur for me for 2to3 minutes and I was in unconscious state and upto now it doesn't happened to me like that which I faced today morning. Can u pls help out for this problem.

Doctor Answers (2) on I am diabetic

Dr. A. Kavitha Hyderabad | Diabetologist
Hello,
  When you are a diabetic you might have fallen down either due to low sugars or very high sugars where sufficient amount of glucose is not reaching the brain.When we eat 50% of the glucose released from your food goes to the brain and 50% to the remaining body.That means brain uses most of the glucose you are consuming, When this is not met you become irritable, drowsy,weak,excessive sweating,blurred vision,finally unconciousness..So immediately check your blood sugars and then only eat any type of sugar .If the blood sugar is high already and if you take more sugar it rises further and damages the organs. If the blood sugar is low the immediately eat something or drink something except milk containing foods like chocolates which take lot of time to get absorbed in the body.The best food in hypoglycemia is a plantain or two slices of bread..Hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia damages the organs.So eat in small amounts with proper exercise and regular medication and regular blood sugar checks and regular followup with your doctor as overdose causes hypoglycemia and insufficient dose causes hyperglycemia.Carry some fruits and a bottle of buttermilk whenever you go out.
.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
hey , have you had head injury ? in moat of accident cases head injury is cause of unconsciousness , to be in safer side get CT scan of head and consult neurosurgeons or physician